I had been making my own Sims replica lots for my Sims 2 game and decided to try out some of the Old Town neighborhood maps that I had downloaded. I wasn't happy with any of them once I tried to get my lots in place. They just wouldn't all fit sitting the right way and the spacing just wasn't right. As good as they were, the weren't good enough for me. That's when I decided to get SimCity 4 and learn how to make my own.


It took a great deal of time to get it where I was happy with how it looked. Back and forth between SimCity 4 and my Sims 2 game until all of my lots fit and looked as close to the original as I could get. It worked better to leave out the SimCity 4 bridges and use the decorative bridges in Sims 2 for a more accurate look to the original. I also carved out little valleys in place of the tunnels since the tunnels don't transfer games.


I recommend using the neighborhood terrain cheat, if you can use it, to raise the ends of the roads where the show under the bridge to give it a cleaner look.

You can download Broomhilda's Old Town Neighborhood Map here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r4kd3o

2 comments:

Leanore said...

w00t! you did it! :) You'll figure out a system to make posting faster. I have faith in ya. <3

Broomhilda said...

Thanks I'll keep working at it. : )

Post a Comment